Can't people wait until the ceremony is over to light their cigarettes? Graduation is not that long and I think people can wait an hour or two to light up. I was at PV's graduation yesterday evening. I had to sit on the track which I didn't mind. Then this group of boys dressed all "gangsta" came and pretty much crowded me and didn't seem to acknowledge that I was sitting there. They got their cigarettes out and put them in their mouths. They didn't light them yet so I figured and hoped they were going to wait. They lit them up and while they handed out the diplomas, smoke was being blown in my face. I coughed some. I even tried to get the smoke away from me by smacking at it with my hand. They didn't seem to acknowledge that I had a problem with the smoke in my face even though I was RIGHT NEXT TO THEM. I didn't want to cause any conflict by saying "Hey watch where you're blowing that. I have seasonal allergies as it is."
After they finished handing out the diplomas I just moved because I didn't want to be rude and move around during graduation.
I'm not calling out people who smoke in general. But if you're going to smoke, then either respect the people around you by either waiting to light up the cigarette or not blowing the smoke in their faces without acknowledging that they have a problem with it.






Bookmarks